Friday, May 30, 2008

Kinda How We Feel

Fitting

I frequent a website called Canoe - it stands for Canada Online - and while I no longer follow hockey with the daily intensity from my previous life, I still enjoy accessing the daily crossword puzzle (ironically provided by United Syndicate which is based here in Kansas City) from their site. I began doing crossword puzzles as a teenager in a competition with my mother. It would be years before I could adequately challenger her in terms of accuracy, completion and time. But I drift.....

Today I went to Canoe and they had highlighted a feature on the front page called "70 Truly Awful Album Covers". And yes, many were downright dreadful. Most hailed from the 60's and 70's when album covers were rather large. Covers for CD's these days provide much less space for "creativity". One that caused me to laugh...and then became apparent of the transgender significance...is actually from a 2006 release:



Now I have no idea who the Demolition Doll Rods are, but peeking "down there" certainly raises a lot of transgender sentiments. "I got what?", "This is why you call me a boy/girl?", "Why can't I have what she/he has?"....you get the idea.

I had a good laugh at this one even though it was on this "Worst Of" list.

Or as Bree put it in "TransAmerica", "Isn't it amazing Plastic Surgery can cure a Mental Illness?"!


No comments: